Kevin Feige, the president of Marvel Studios, has said that the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is “only just beginning” after 32 films. This is a very exciting statement for fans of Marvel Comics and superhero movies, as it means that there is still a lot of potential for new and exciting stories in the MCU.
Kevin Feige made this statement in an interview with Variety,
where he said:“The great thing about Marvel truly is how many wonderful, interesting characters we have in the comics — they’ve been at it for 85 years. Even after 32 movies, it feels like we’ve barely scratched the surface.”
This is a very accurate statement, as there are still many characters and stories from the Marvel Comics that have not yet been adapted for the screen. Here are just a few examples:
- The X-Men
- The Fantastic Four
- Ghost Rider
- The Eternals
- The Young Avengers
Feige has also said that he is interested in exploring different parts of the Marvel Universe, such as the cosmic realm and the Multiverse. This means that there is even more potential for new and exciting stories in the MCU.
One of the things that makes the MCU so successful is that it is constantly evolving. Feige and his team are not afraid to take risks and try new things. For example, the MCU was the first major superhero franchise to embrace diversity, and it has also been a pioneer in using new storytelling techniques.
As a result of this willingness to experiment, the MCU has been able to stay fresh and exciting for over a decade. And with Feige saying that the MCU is “only just beginning,” it is clear that there is still a lot more to come.
Here are some of the ways that the MCU is likely to evolve in the future:
- More diverse characters and stories: Feige has said that he is committed to making the MCU more diverse, and this is likely to continue in the future. We can expect to see more female superheroes, superheroes of color, and superheroes from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
- New genres: Feige has also said that he is interested in exploring different genres within the MCU, such as horror and comedy. This could lead to some very interesting and innovative new films.
- More interconnectedness: The MCU is already one of the most interconnected film franchises in history, but this is likely to continue in the future. We can expect to see more references to other films in the MCU, and we may even see some crossover films or TV shows.
- More cosmic stories: Feige has said that he is interested in exploring the cosmic realm of the Marvel Universe more deeply. This could lead to some very exciting new films and TV shows, as the cosmic realm is home to some of the most powerful and interesting characters in the Marvel Universe.
- More Multiverse stories: Feige has also said that he is interested in exploring the Multiverse of the Marvel Universe more deeply. This could lead to some very mind-bending and exciting new stories, as the Multiverse is home to infinite different versions of the Marvel Universe.
Overall, the future of the MCU is very bright. Kevin Feige has made it clear that he is committed to making the MCU even better in the years to come. With so many new characters and stories to explore, the MCU is sure to remain fresh and exciting for many years to come.
In addition to the above, here are some specific thoughts on how the MCU could evolve in the future:
- More team-up films: The MCU is already known for its epic team-up films, such as the Avengers films and the Captain America: Civil War film. However, there is still a lot of potential for more team-up films in the future. For example, we could see a team-up film featuring the X-Men and the Avengers, or a team-up film featuring the Fantastic Four and the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- More villain-centric films: The MCU has had some great villains, such as Thanos and Loki. However, there is still a lot of potential for more villain-centric films in the future. For example, we could see a film about Doctor Doom, a film about Galactus, or a film about Ultron.
- More standalone films: The MCU is known for its interconnectedness, but there is still a lot of potential for more standalone films. For example, we could see a film about Shang-Chi, a film about Ms. Marvel, or a film about the Eternals.
- More TV shows: The MCU has already expanded into TV with shows such as WandaVision and Loki. However, there is still a lot of potential for more TV shows in the future.