Up in the Air – Watch & Stream Online On Amazon Prime Video
Up in the Air 2009
Up in the Air is a 2009 American comedy-drama film directed by Jason Reitman and written by Reitman and Sheldon Turner. The film is based on the 2001 novel of the same name by Walter Kirn. It stars George Clooney as Ryan Bingham, a corporate downsizing expert who travels across the country firing people. However, Bingham’s life is turned upside down when he meets Alex Goran (Vera Farmiga), a fellow traveler who challenges his worldview.
Up in the Air was released in the United States on December 4, 2009, by Paramount Pictures. It was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $169 million worldwide. The film was nominated for six Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Adapted Screenplay. It won the award for Best Original Screenplay.
How to watch Up in the Air online
Up in the Air is currently available to stream on Amazon Prime Video. To watch the film, you will need an Amazon Prime subscription. If you do not have an Amazon Prime subscription, you can start a free 30-day trial.
Once you have an Amazon Prime subscription, you can watch Up in the Air by following these steps:
- Go to the Amazon Prime Video website or app.
- Sign up for a Prime Video membership:
- $14.99 per month or $139 per year with an Amazon Prime membership
- $8.99 per month for a standalone Prime Video membership
- Search for “Up in the Air” in the search bar.
- Click on the film’s title.
- Click on the “Watch now” button.
Other ways to watch Up in the Air online
Up in the Air is also available to rent or purchase on other streaming services, including:
- Apple TV
- Google Play
- Microsoft Store
Is Up in the Air worth watching?
Up in the Air is a well-crafted and thought-provoking film. It features a strong performance from Clooney, and it is supported by a talented cast that includes Farmiga, Anna Kendrick, and Jason Bateman. The film’s script is sharp and witty, and it explores complex themes such as the nature of work, the meaning of success, and the importance of human connection.
If you are looking for a film that is both entertaining and thought-provoking, then Up in the Air is worth watching. It is a film that will stay with you long after you have finished watching it.
What are some other movies like Up in the Air?
If you enjoyed Up in the Air, then you may also enjoy the following films:
- American Beauty (1999)
- In Good Company (2004)
- The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
- Juno (2007)
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
- Wall-E (2008)
- The Social Network (2010)
- Moneyball (2011)
- Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
- The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
- The Big Short (2015)
These films all feature similar themes of self-discovery, personal growth, and the importance of human connection.
Up in the Air is a well-made and thought-provoking film that is worth watching. It is a film that will stay with you long after you have finished watching it. If you are a fan of comedy-dramas, then you should definitely check out Up in the Air.
In addition to the above, here are some more thoughts on Up in the Air:
- The film is particularly effective in its depiction of the corporate world. Reitman and Turner’s script is sharp and witty, and it captures the absurdity and hypocrisy of the modern workplace.
- Clooney gives a career-best performance as Ryan Bingham. He is able to convey both the charm and the coldness of his character.
- Farmiga is also excellent as Alex Goran. She is the perfect foil for Bingham, and she challenges him to rethink his entire way of life.
- The film’s ending is bittersweet. It is clear that Bingham has changed, but he has also lost something in the process.
Overall, Up in the Air is a well-crafted and thought-provoking film that is worth watching. It is a film that will stay with you long after you have finished watching it.